5 Tips for a Healthy Holiday Season
This time between Thanksgiving and New Years is supposed to be “the most wonderful time of the year”, yet so often we get stressed out of our never ending to-do and gift buying lists, the extra time it takes to find a parking spot in our local shopping centers, and all the obligations we feel we need to take on to make everyone happy around us. Its easy to get caught up in all the activities and completely miss out on all the wonders that this season offers. Here are Five Tips to inspire you to help make it a healthy and meaningful holiday season for others and for yourself.
- Connect wisely. Spend time with people who lift you higher and care about you. Its OK to say “No, thank you!” when you feel overwhelmed by adding one more activity or event to your calendar.
- Keep your regular routine as much as possible. Make sure you get enough sleep, eat right, stay active and hydrated.
- Be present. Give your full attention to the person you are talking with, it is one of the greatest gifts we can give to others.
- Give. We all know that this is a season of giving, but give consciously, in ways that are most meaningful to you.
- Take great care of yourself. Nurture your spirit, meditate, practice yoga, start a gratitude journal, watch old Christmas movies and do all the things that bring you joy. Allow the spirit of love, generosity and kindness to fill your days.