Love Yourself with Self-Care
“Self-care is not selfish. You cannot serve from an empty vessel.”
~ Eleanor Brownn
I used to think that self-care was time consuming and a bit selfish. Now I know that both of those things couldn’t be farther from the truth. When we show ourselves love and self-care we can show up as the best version of ourselves. When our cup is full we are better equipped help others fill theirs.
Self-care doesn’t have to be complex. It can be as simple as enjoying your favorite tea or taking time to enjoy the sunshine. Whether it’s a moment, a minute, or more, self-care can turn around your day.
Here are a few ideas on how you can incorporate self-care into your day and show yourself a little extra love:
If you have…
- 1 moment – close your eyes and take a conscious breath in & out.
- 1 minute – repeat a grounding mantra (phrase) 10 times. I like using “I am here. This is now.” to bring myself back to the present moment.
- 3-5 minutes – make & enjoy a cup of tea. Check out my tea meditation for extra love.
- 10 minutes – practice chair yoga: shoulder rolls & seated twists are wonderful for releasing stress from the body.
- 15 minutes – take some time outside; enjoy a walk.
- 60 minutes (or more) – join us for a yoga practice. 🙂